Whoa. My blog got an AWARD! How cool is that?! Thank you so much to Erinn at More Sprinkles for the nomination! And who wouldn’t want more sprinkles?!
If you don’t know, and I surely didn’t, A Liebster Award is a traveling award that is awarded to new bloggers with less than 200 followers. Those nominated then pass the award on to 11 other bloggers who also have less than 200 followers. A lil note: It took me a few passes around the sun to figure out how to tell if someone has less than 200 followers. Apparently, it’s not an exact science. You can either look in your WordPress Reader, and it may say there. OR some people choose to publish that number on their blog. I don’t. And apparently, the number in the Reader isn’t always accurate. So if I’ve nominated you, and you have like way more than 200 readers, I’m sorry. I meant no harm. I feel like this may have happened because some of the blogs I’ve nominated are amazingly beautiful and super professional and I just have to believe they have nearly a trillion followers.
Along with the nomination, there are a few rules I have to follow within this post.
Before I get to that, I just want to say that I realize that this award nomination happens to have many things in common with those email chain letters that everyone used to send to all of their virtual BFFs in the year 1997, minus the animated gifs. And because of that, perhaps some of my nominees may find this annoying rather than flattering. Just wanted to let you know that there will be no hard feelings if you choose not to follow the “rules”. No bad luck will ensue. Your love life will continue to be at least as good as it was before you were nominated. And if it’s not, I promise it has nothing to do with me.
- Post eleven facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create eleven questions for people you’ve nominated.
- Choose eleven people (with fewer than 200 followers) to give this award to and link them in your post.
- Go to their page and tell them.
- Remember, no tag backs.
Eleven Facts About Me:
- My name is Shannon. That is not explicitly stated anywhere on this blog… until NOW. It’s Irish for “small but wise.” Which is at least 50% true because…
- I am 4’10”.
- I am happiest when I am outside. Or at least inside a room with open windows.
- Professionally, I am an Instructional Designer for Carnegie Mellon University. That means I design and develop eLearning.
- I had the good fortune to marry the coolest, kindest, most awesome man that I have ever met in August of 2011.
- I have the coolest dog in the world, she is a basenji pittbull mix named Ginger.
- I totally love music, but have little to no musical talent.
- I am a great dancer. Psyche. But it’s fun to pretend.
- I love good beer.
- Funny, laid back people are my favorite.
- I swear too much.
Questions for ME from More Sprinkles:
- Why did you start your blog? I decided to sign up for a winter CSA share in December, and when I got my first box it was full of things I had never even heard of before, let alone cooked or ate. It just became kind of a game to make fun, healthy and delicious ways to use them, and I used the blog as a way to document it for myself. The first month that I had my blog, I had every post set to private. I only made the posts public so that I could show them to my sister. Then people started “liking” them and “commenting” on them for some reason. It was weird.
- Where is your favorite place you’ve traveled to? Ooh. Tough question. Possibly Toronto. But I am going to Puerto Rico in less than a month, so we’ll see if that changes!
- What is your favorite hobby? This blog, right now. I love photography, drawing, painting, etc. I also like to run, but have been a but sedentary lately.
- Where are you from? Another tough one. I never know how to answer this question without a long story, because there really isn’t an obvious place that is a homebase for me. I’ll give you this: I was born in State College, Pa. I spent most of my childhood and teenage years in Newport News, Va. I went to college and grad school in Bloomsburg, Pa, where my mom still lives. I currently live in Pittsburgh. If I had to pick a place that most feels like home: Bethlehem Pa. I spent three fleeting years here after grad school, but it’s where I met my husband, and where my husband grew up, and where his wonderful family lives, so I think that’s why I love it so much. [I do really really like Pittsburgh though!]
- Who has been the most supportive of your blog? The hubs. Fo sho!
- Fruity or chocolatey desserts? OMG CHOCOLATEY! Fruit can go to hell. Scram. Get outta here, fruit. Well, I guess apple pie can hang.
- What is something you’ve always wanted to do, but have not done yet? Have kids.
- Are you a morning or night person? Both and neither. I am equally grouchy when I am tired regardless of what time of day that occurs at.
- What is your biggest fear? Stagnancy. And whatever grabs for your ankles from under the bed when you get up to go pee at night.
- Coffee or Tea? Both. Coffee in the AM; green tea the rest of the day.
- What kind of blogs do you like to follow? Obviously, I like to follow blogs that are similar to my own, so lots of CSA sharing people, also I follow a lot of vegetarian and general food blogs, or blogs with great photography. But really, any blog that I find unique or insightful and/or a little outside the mainstream. Because that’s how I roll. A little outside of the mainstream. OR FUNNY. I love funny people and their blogs usually rock, too.
- The Vegan’s Husband
- Pittsburgh Rules
- Warm Toasty Muffins
- In My Bowl
- CSA mom
- Salted Plates
- Green Bee Kitchen
- Let Loose Littell
- Baking Bea
- In a Small Kitchen
- Elle Bakes
Questions for Blogpeeps That I’ve Nominated:
- What’s your favorite thing about your own blog?
- What is the biggest challenge you experience with your own blog?
- If you could high-five anyone in the world, who would it be?
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
- Favorite book?
- Favorite smell?
- Describe the best pizza you’ve ever had.
- What is the first thing you notice about someone when you meet them?
- Sweet or salty? Or sweet AND salty?!
- Where is the coolest/best place that you have lived?
- What would you like to have accomplished by the end of this year?
GUH! That was so much to read. If you made it this far, thanks for sticking with me! 🙂