The food hash, not the drug. I don’t know how to make the drug.
This ones for the hubs. He loves hash. Again, not the drug.
As I stated earlier, I have an ass-ton of potatoes that I don’t really know what to do with. So, I decided to shred a bunch of them and stick them in the freezer so we can have hashbrowns whenever we want! But before freezing them, I used some of them to throw together this little lunch. You could definitely omit the sausage, and make it vegetarian, but I just had some left over.
Oh, look, its our old friend Rusty Tetanus Colander. Where would I be without you?
1 tbs olive oil
1/4 of a green pepper, finely chopped
1/4 of an onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup crumbled spicy sausage
1 cup of shredded potatoes
2 tbs fresh parsley, minced
2 eggs, poached
- Saute the onions and peppers in the olive oil over medium heat until soft.
- Add the potatoes and cook until they soften and begin to brown.
- Add the sausage and cook until its no longer pink.
- Season with the seasoned salt. Up to your personal preference. I used a few teaspoons. You can also use whatever seasoning you like. I like seasoned salt because it gives it kind of a diner-y flavor.
- Stir in the fresh parsley and top with the poached eggs.
Oh wait, I didn’t tell you how to poach eggs. Well that’s because I use one of these thingies. I don’t mess with the huge pot of swirling simmering water. Truth.